Have you ever thought why a spa day is considered such a treat? Because it’s a day of pampering for not just your body, but also your mind. When they massage your body, apply those fragrant essential oils, apply a gentle warmth and pressure; it immediately relaxes you.
But did you know that there is actually a science at work behind all this?
Every part of our body has nerves and the extremities of our body, including our scalp have nerve endings. When you massage an extremity, there is an application of pressure, and this increases the blood circulation. There is also a release of endorphins and endorphins give you the sensation of being relaxed and happy!
So, when you give yourself a scalp massage and that too with indē wild’s hair oil, you can be sure that you will not only feel your tiredness ebb away, but also nourish your hair from within.
What does a scalp massage actually do?
- Well, let’s start with the fact that a scalp massage is extremely relaxing – when you have had a long, tiring day or even week; just giving yourself that massage will allow for all the tiredness to just fade away. More than that, stress and anxiety are known triggers for hair loss and when you relax your body and mind, there is a strong possibility that the hair fall might reduce too.
- When you use a good quality hair oil like our Champi hair oil, which is a blend of not only multiple potent oils, but also handpicked ingredients from the world of Ayurveda, you are paving way to better hair. Using a good quality hair oil means that you are nourishing your hair and giving it the support it needs to grow long and strong.
- An oil massage for hair can stimulate the nerves that sit just beneath the scalp; this in turn can stimulate the hair follicles and that can improve hair growth. Moreover, when there is proper hair growth and reduced hair loss, you will see an improvement in hair volume too.
Wondering how to do a scalp massage? Here’s how:
There are actually many ways to massage your scalp and these days, it's easy to find automatic massagers and brushes that can be used to serve the purpose. But we at indē wild believe in the magic of the hands and fingers!
Here is how we suggest you give yourself (or someone you love) an oil scalp massage:
- Take a few pipettes of the Champi hair oil in a bowl and warm it just a little bit – it should feel comfortable and not too hot.
- Remember to untangle your hair properly or you could end up breaking them.
- Section your hair and start with the centre parting – apply a small amount using your fingers and then use the base of your palm to apply gentle pressure, right on the top of the head.
- Ensure that your entire scalp and hair gets the oil and then spend some time massaging your scalp, temples and base of the neck.
- You can leave the oil for a few hours or even overnight, before washing it off with a gentle shampoo. You can even wrap your hair in a warm and moist towel to give your hair a steaming session.
You can massage your hair every single day and while oiling your hair every day might not be possible, you can consider using our Moonlight Scalp Serum, because that can happen daily. As a matter of fact, a quick 2-minute massage with our serum, every night is a wonderful way to nourish and nurture your hair!
Common mistakes when doing a scalp and hair massage:
Most people see a hair or head massage as nothing more than applying some oil and vigorously massaging; but you need to pay a little attention and take a little care before massaging your hair.
- Remember to use a wide toothed comb on your hair before starting – you need to make sure that your hair is completely untangled or else there could be breakage.
- Use very gentle hands and fingers to do the massage – very vigorous massaging can lead to hair becoming loose from the roots and then falling off.
- Once you are done oiling your hair, tie it up in a loose bun, to avoid breaking.
- While you can leave the oil on overnight, it is important that you wash off the oil, because it can attract dirt and grime.
Now that you know how to massage your scalp and how you can benefit from it, it's time to go pick up your bottle of our hair care products and give your hair the love and nourishment they need and deserve!