When you feel thirsty, the one thing you want as quickly as possible is a glass of water; same is often the case with your skin. When your skin feels dry and stretched, it is most probably because it is getting dehydrated.
Well hydrated skin is easy to spot – there is a bounce in it, there is a healthy sheen to it and there will be a natural glow! At indē wild, we believe in the idea that healthy skin is happy skin. And we know that moisturised and hydrated skin is the happiest!
Why is skin hydration so important?
Your skin is actually the largest organ of the body and its sole purpose is to protect you from the world!
It’s simple – when skin is hydrated, it will look plump, young and really radiant, which are all signs of healthy skin. When skin does not have enough hydration, you will notice flaky skin that is chapping, a general discoloration and uneven tone and you will start seeing fine lines and the start of wrinkles. In addition to that, when your skin is hydrated, the skin is able to control the sebum production too. And while drinking the directed amount of water in a day and consuming water content high fruits and veggies is one part of it, your skin will need some additional help too.
But I apply moisturiser every day?
This is where the problem often arises – the terms moisturising and hydrating are often used interchangeably and while they might exist in a similar universe, they are actually different.
The skin is a barrier around the body, and this barrier contains something called lipids, which keep the moisture locked in.
- So, when you moisturise, you are really focused on that skin barrier itself – the products you use are working to seal the water inside the cells of the skin. These products help prevent water loss, which in turn, helps the skin rehydrate from within.
- Hydration on the other hand, goes beneath this same skin barrier and infuses moisture into the cells, which literally plumps them up and gives you, well, plumper looking skin and a reduction in fine lines too.
Why you need to hydrate your skin
Offering hydration to your skin has so many benefits:
- When there is a buildup of dead skin cells within the pores of your skin, it can cause dry skin; when they get combined with the sebum in the skin, they turn into acne. When your skin is hydrated, it remains soft and supple, which means that the pores do not become too dilated and the chance of any buildup is reduced.
- Dry skin is more prone to fine lines, because of the dehydration caused within the skin. When you hydrate your skin properly, your skin will look and feel supple and the appearance of fine lines will also reduce drastically.
- If there is not enough moisture and hydration in the skin, the natural glow of the skin starts to fade away and this leads to uneven skin and pigmentation. Hydrated skin will look even and smooth toned.
- Dehydrated skin is more susceptible to sunburns and damage from sun exposure; however, hydrated skin is better protected.
- Hydration also helps control the oil production in the skin – the water and moisture in the skin will keep the sebum under control and this will give your skin a natural glow.
Niacinamide serum or squalane for skin?
These days, there are so many products out in the market that it is easy to get confused; which is why we suggest that you invest in our skincare products. These have all the ingredients that you need for hydrating your skin, including:
- Hyaluronic Acid – which can draw in the moisture from the air and lock it within the skin
- Niacinamide – which can hydrate the skin from within and reduce redness and the size of enlarged pores
- Squalane – which hydrates and soothes the skin, while fighting the effect of free radicals, allowing skin to look younger for longer
When all these ingredients combine with a host of other handpicked ingredients including 15% vitamin C, amla, saffron, turmeric and bakuchiol, you get skin care products that will not only moisturise and hydrate skin, but also protect, rejuvenate and nourish from within. With indē wild, products, it is easy to take care of your skin. Just use the AM Sunrise Glow Serum, which has hyaluronic acid and niacinamide, every morning to give your skin the hydration and radiance it needs to get through the day. And every night, use the PM Sunset Restore Serum, with squalane, to ensure the hydration remains locked in and allows your skin to restore and rejuvenate.
Remember, hydrated skin is healthy skin and healthy skin is happy skin!