Halloween is done, which means that Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner!
But that also means that winters are almost here and that nip in the air, just might play havoc with your skin!
If you have your indē wild essentials all stocked up, there is little for you to worry about, because this is your one set, year long skin care. But when winters come a-knocking, you will want some other tips and tricks up your sleeves.
Here are 10 simple ways, 10 steps that you can include in your winter skin care routine to ensure that your skin looks and feels healthy.
Time to reconsider some of your winter skin care products and routines
While you need to make sure that your bottles of the indē wild products, remain right there, on your vanity or bedside stand, there are a few changes that you might want to consider.
- Consider the cleanser – No matter the weather outside, you will still need to wash your face at least twice a day (more times maybe, if you have oily skin), but given the chill in the air, you need to make sure that you keep the natural moisture intact. This means that you will have to invest in a new face wash that can moisturise your skin, while cleaning away the dirt, grime and excess oil.
- Exchange the exfoliant – The weather might be super cold outside, but there is still going to be some amount of buildup on your skin, clogging your skin pores. This means, that you will have to exfoliate your skin and instead of your regular one, maybe choose something a little gentler for the winter months. People with dry skin should ideally exfoliate only once or twice a week, but those with oily skin can afford to exfoliate thrice a week.
- Pause the perfume – No, no, we are not asking you to ditch your deodorant or favourite perfume – we are just suggesting that you not go for any skin care products that have added artificial fragrances or colours. It's best to pick winter skin care products that are as natural as possible – more fragrances and additives, the more moisture it might strip away from your skin.
- The tepid temperature – As tempting as the thought of standing under hot water might sound, try not to give in. When you use very hot water, the natural oils of the skin tend to get washed off too, leading to dry and even itchy skin. Stick to lukewarm water, which will keep you feeling comfortable and is the better option for your skin too.
- Incredible ingredients – There are some truly incredible ingredients that you want to make sure are a part of your winter face care routine. Squalane for its antioxidant power to naturally lubricate and hydrate your skin; hyaluronic acid to retain moisture; bakuchiol to improve the skin cell turnover and at least 15% vitamin C to give your skin that radiant glow. But then, if you are using our products, you are already getting all this and more!
- Stay sun safe – It doesn’t matter how nice the sun feels on your skin or how mild it looks during those cloudy mornings, you need to apply sunscreen. The ultraviolet rays of the sun are not becoming mild and they will cause damage if you are not careful; so its always better to be sun safe and when you have our AM Sunscreen Glow Drops, you have little to worry about. Use it as a primer before makeup or apply it to complete the look for the day, but just use it!
- Spa day anyone? – Another really good idea to pamper your skin and refuel on the hydration levels is to do some home skin care treatments. Ingredients like aloe vera, honey, turmeric, rosewater and coconut milk are all good options to use, when you want to create nourishing face masks. And if you have invested in a humidifier, remember to switch it on, as much as possible, because the ‘spa’ needs to feel cosy, right!
- Perfect pout – Apart from your skin, even your lips have to bear the brunt of those cold winter air. While you might be able to layer up the rest of the body, your lips are almost always exposed. But thankfully, when you have the Dewy Lip Treatment, you need not worry at all. This formulation has been designed to not only give you perfectly plump lips, but also intensely hydrate them, from the very first application.
- Engage in your eating habits – While the occasional junk food binge is fine, try to eat consciously for the majority of times. What you put into your body, is just as important as what you put on it. Eat as much fresh fruits and vegetables as possible – winters are a great time to try out all those veggie soup recipes! From spinach to kale, from broccoli to carrots, plenty to choose from and experiment with!
- Hydration central – Water! Your skin’s best friend, no matter the weather. Several people forget to drink water, because it is so cold and you don’t naturally feel thirsty. No matter the weather outside, remember to put 8 to 10 glasses of water inside your body! And feel free to pick a smoothie or a glass of coconut water, when you want something a little different than just water.
As you can see, as long as you have the indē wild in your winter face care arsenal, you don’t have to worry much; just remain conscious of the choices you make and remember to take care of your skin, every day!